Originally Posted by Bob338
You don't really require an overhang.

Here's mine under construction about 14 years ago:

[Linked Image]

And one mount with press showing detail:

[Linked Image]

One press, the Forster, mounted on the bench, the other 'blank' to the left you can tell by the difference in facing. I have 6 presses, almost instantly interchangeable. I made extra mounts as blanks to use the bench without presses, and mounted the other tools, like case trimmers, etc., on the blank mounts. I used aluminum for the press mounts believe they would handle the torque better but as it turned out, not necessary. I'd use MDF for the press mounts if I did it again. They've been in use over 10 years for thousands of reloads and the mounts are still very tight and require lubrication to slide in and out. There truly isn't much torque transmitted to the top. And the only overhang is the 1X3 facing on the top.

[Linked Image]

Mine is similar but doesn't work with Lee Classic Cast i use for large nitro express cartridges as holes are too close to the front edge, had to add another piece of timber on top with some overhang. Will replace the Lee with an RCBS Big Max when i can find one, bit more room and easier to do case reaming etc.

I like being able to slide in and out pre-mounted presses, trimmers etc.

Cheers, Chris