Originally Posted by JimHnSTL
I have a leupold rimfire in 2-7x28 on my M77/22 and for me its a tad too short. depending on how the mount system works out for you in terms of placement you may want to verify it will work for you. please allow me to explain my issue though. the Leupold 2-7 rimfire scope is very short and light, even with an offset ring up front on my M77/22 it isn't as far back (the ocular) as I would like it. I have 4 disc in my neck fused and thus I am not as mobile and flexible as I once was. I can't creep up on a stock like I use to so scope mount is a issue for me. normally leupolds have generous eye relief but their rimfire scope is not as generous as their centerfire scopes are. I plan on picking up a weaver rimfire next as it is as light as the Leupold but almost another 1 1/2" longer which should make it perfect. (for me)

I purchased the exact same scope, for the exact same rifle, and completely agree. its just too short for the design. However, i think the RAR rimfire gives a little more mounting flexibility. it fits perfectly on a CZ american.

Uber Demanding Rifle Aficionado