Originally Posted by kevinJ
Nikon efr 3x9x40. Less than 175$. I have one on my cz and have been very pleased with it. For a squirrel/ plinking gun it's more than enough for me. Use the extra money to buy some quality ammo like eley or lapua.

Here's my take on any full size 40mm (with or without AO) scope on the rimfire rifle. IF I am wanting a nice hunting/carrying rifle then I'm looking for the bit lighter scope. IF I'm wanting a nice range/target rifle then I'm going for serious optics. the Leupold and Weaver rimfire scope in the 2-7x28 are the two lightest by a decent amount (30%) it all depends on how the owner plans to use their rifle. I originally had a Sightron S2 6x HBR on my M77/22 when all I did was shoot it at the range and I thought it was perfect. however since then I have gone more into hunting with it and I found the scope hanging up on stuff as I went through the woods and was a tad heavy in hand thus I changed out to a more user friendly scope for its needs. my needs and preferences are just that, mine. but the info from all of us may help someone make the choice that is right for them, nothing worse then buying a nice scope for good money and find out it doesn't fill your needs they way you want to. such as my finding out the Leupold is just a tad too short for my needs but the weaver is the right length and near same weight.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!