You have received excellent advice. Sounds like you need to reprop.

I would like to talk about the trim tabs. I installed Bennett trim tabs on my Deep V center console 1910 trophy bayliner 25 years ago. Only thing that wore out was the joystick control which I replaced this year.

I feel the trim tabs were a major improvement in a boat's performance. They will get you on plane very easily even without getting hard on the throttle. I frequently will ease the throttle open saving gas and the work the engine would otherwise do.

You can stay on plane a much slower speeds which reduces the beating you sometimes get when knifing into big waves. It also brings the bow down so you cut through a wave instead of getting hammered.

When I was at Lake Powell I cruised looking for boiling stripers. After catching a few I would never adjust the trim on the motor, bury the trim tabs and get up on plane to the same RPM and cruise again.

If the boat lists while on plane due to angling into waves the attitude can be leveled out or even increased so the gunwale on that side is higher to prevent waves from splashing occupants.
I would never own a boat without them.

I would call Bennett Marine to see if your boat has enough room to put them to use.

Last edited by Azshooter; 06/29/14.