Starting last year, I quit adding fat to my deer hamburger. Just ran it through the grinder and called it good. Sure makes grinding a lot easier. I have not had any problems getting it to hold together cooking it in a pan. Have not tried it on a grill and could see problems arising there. If you need extra moisture, you could add olive oil, butter, some people put egg white in it. Any number of things. When I cook it, I put salt, pepper, and garlic powder in the meat to taste for a hamburger sandwich. Otherwise for spaghetti I just brown it and season the sauce to taste....same with chili. It is lean, but that is supposed to be a good thing, although some folks probably would not like it.

Fat makes for good taste but the problem I was having was the fat in the deer burger going rancid before we could eat it all. There was some guy on here that was being a real ass about this issue last year or thereabouts...saying he would not contaminate his organic venison with fat and anyone who did was an idiot. I guess he as well as some family members got into my head. I'd reluctantly give the ass his due if I could remember which of our asses it was.

Last edited by RJY66; 07/02/14.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn