Ozone reduces odor in a couple of ways. Chemically the ozone molecule is an oxygen molecule with an extra oxygen (O3 instead of O2) attached which makes it a very strong oxidizing agent that reacts with a number of other molecules. In a nutshell, it eliminates odors by chemically reacting with odiferous compounds and breaking them down into other smaller molecules like carbon dioxide which are odorless. What many people don't consider is that ozone also is used in the health field to kill bacteria. Therefore it can help kill the bacteria from the body that creates the stinky scent molecules in the first place.
Ozone in a closed container can do a good job of eliminating odors. Place a pair of your worst smelling socks in a Tupperware container with ozone pumped in for a few minutes and you'll be convinced of its odor eliminated capability. I have not tried, nor do I want to try, dragging a generator into woods to hunt with. I lug too much crap in with me now. They are way overpriced for what you get and ozone is a lung irritant that may not be healthy to be around for any period of time. As a side note and as mentioned above, carbon dioxide is odorless so it has no impact on deer. Remember that people are big CO2 generators. But insects like mosquitos, ticks, deer flies, etc. have special receptors in their bodies that help them find breathing animals as they emit CO2. I have no idea whether O3 generators attract insects but I could see it as a possibility.