Dogcatcher, mathman, muledeer,

You may be right.........

I had assumed the scope was centered at the mid point when I purchase it. I did not check to make sure before I mounted it on the Ruger. I bore sight at the range manually. When I returned the scope for the dealer to inspect it was still mounted on the Ruger. He never mentioned anything about rings binding the scope. I'm careful to provide spacing between turrets relative to rings and torque specs for rings. The dealer put the rifle in a vise for inspection and did not have issues with mounting.

I'm not saying your comments aren't valid, as this is the first Ruger in my collection,(the ring situation is unique) just that after boresighting and sighting in at 50 yds, I had little or no room for elev adjustment at 100. I started over with a different rifle, which the dealer may have suggested (I don't recall) and had no problems thereafter. I'm not criticizing the scope, I'd buy another. I have no problems with the Ruger either, it has been an educational experience. Thanks for your comments.