I'll admit my description of the process may be confusing. This will be my last attempt and I apologize for taking so much space.

I had a new Ruger hawkeye and a new Terra scope. Without checking for turret midpoint(to be honest I never do) I mounted and manually bore-sighted scope in factory rings I installed per the Ruger manual, aligning rings with a 1" wood dowel. Once I began final zero at 100yd, I discovered I had great difficulty adjusting elev in the one direction I needed to go. Also had grouping issues.

Fast forward thru dealer interchange.....I took the scope off, found the midpoint on the Terra,(adjustments feel much easier at midpoint) put it on the weatherby, repeated the zero process...worked like a champ. Scope good, rifle good, now put it up.

Took the Nikon that came off the weatherby, set the turrets to midpoint, mounted in the Ruger rings. Had no problems adjusting turrets, but had group consistency issues. Concentrated on variables with the Ruger and after freeing up the stress caused by the mag box, it shot lights out. I'm very happy now.

In order to get the Terra replaced, the dealer said I had to work directly with Zeiss CS. I wasn't looking forward to doing that as I've never had to before with any product. I did call Zeiss CS to discuss, and they said try it again, if it failed to improve after remounting, send it back for their inspection, repair, or replace. They were very courteous on the phone and the whole thing worked out well.

I'm happy with the Zeiss Terra, and have recommended it to others. Again thanks for your comments, always learning something from this site.