Originally Posted by California_Kid
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
busting California up into smaller political units seems to make more and more sense.

Overburdened California taxpayers can barely afford the infrastucture the liberals have built now much let alone be able to pay for 6 of them. I remember when Pete Wilson got elected and to teach the CHP a lesson for not backing him in the election, he tried to change their name to something less glamorous (remember at the time there was a show on tv CHiPs). It was going to cost billions of dollars just to change the hwy signs, decals on the vehicles and DMV handbooks. Does anyone really think California still has the money to become six separate states because one egotistical billionaire wants to live in the state of "Silicone Valley"? The six states would have to hit the ground with their feet running. They could not start over and would have to adopt existing state law, thereby staying exactly what they are now. Over regulated and overtaxed.

Nonsense. I discuss this often with a colleague of mine in NorCal. You could just adopt Nevada / Idaho law as you see fit, and actually be off running.

Sic Semper Tyrannis