Originally Posted by Mannlicher
One of the primary mantras of the left, is how valuable America's diversity is.
I'm kinda wondering about that. In the past, our diversity was not all that diverse. Think about who settled the Country. Mostly, if not almost exclusively Northern Europeans. Later, the Irish and Italians flooded in, but in essence, they were much the same. I guess the biggest difference was they were Catholic, and they settled in the Cities, not the rural areas.
Yeah, we had blacks coming in, but at the time, they were not a long term asset.
Now though, we have the black community, the homo community, the hispanic community, the asian community, the recipient class community, the disabled community, the dope smoking community, the illegal alien community...............NONE of which want to be Americans. They are here to take.
TONS of 'diversity', but much of that is of benefit to the Country. Instead, much of that diversity is a drain, a cancer. They contribute little, they take a lot. Their insistence on maintaining THEIR cultural identity is destroying OUR cultural identity.
Not to paint with too broad a brush, but the white middle class community, if we can call ourselves that, is what is holding it all together, paying for all those other free rides.
Now all those other 'communities' are proud of their identity, and are praised for being proud. However, let a person in the white middle class say how proud THEY are of being white, or successful, then all of those other communities come down with both feet, condemning, castigating, calling us racist, and in general attacking us. We have Black Pride, homo pride, hispanic pride, asian pride, poor pride..........but we are not allowed to have any white pride.
Here at UF, we have the black student union, the hispanic student union, the muslim student union, the homo student union.........all paid for by the white kids, but is there a white student union? God forbid!!
I'm getting a little sick of it all.

Let's say I believe much of what you said - question is "what do we do to turn the tide?"
Other than preaching to the choir....