Hmmm, interesting question Sam.

Diversity for diversity's sake seems a waste of time to me. But I have to admit that it seems to be the modus operandi for both political parties. Identity politics is, has been, and looks to continue to be the prime battleground for US politics. I'd rather we have a melting of cultures and an emerging commonality but immigration levels and self segregation seem to preclude that option.

But is it "killing America"?

Honestly there looks to be a lot of killers out there and diversity may be one but it sure as hell ain't the only one. Or even the most important one IMvHO. But I think it is important to distinguish the "killing of America" from the "death of the American empire". They are two radically different things. This empire of ours in some ways is very different from anything that has come before. At the same time it is exactly the same in other ways.

Yes, I do believe the US "empire" is dying. Beyond any shadow of a doubt. But I'm not sure that America proper is a lost cause though it is in for some very real pain over the next few decades. But I think the same could be said for most countries.

Will

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.