Originally Posted by devnull
I'd love to hear how the Gradous rifle shoots and what charge bullet combo you settle on.

The original scope I bought was a dud which made the first handful of groups "interesting". Once with replaced with a known good scope it immediately started shooting very tight. I've taken it to the range a total of three times now and the nice thing is that it shoots just about anything you feed it somewhere from the .4s to the upper .5s.

So far with relatively little load development - the 155 Berger is the tightest hovering most groups around .4". I had a couple of Berger groups that were also just an elongated hole but I'm not going to say that's what it does each time. Just behind the berger by a narrow margin is the the 168 Matchking. Even the 168 Ballistic tip with Varget is holding around .5" at 100 and I've fired two groups of 1.014" and 1.3" at 300y. That will most certainly hunt, especially out of a light(ish) compact rifle wearing a 2.5x8 scope.

Originally Posted by whitebread
Is that a McWoody on the .308?

Yes it is, if you'd like some better pictures of the stock I can post them. It turned out as one of the nicer looking McWoodies I've seen.