Every Hornet I've owned over the years but one was a single shot of some sort. One Winchester LoWall that started life as a Winder Musket and built by R.F.Sedgley, one Winchester HiWall that started life as a .25-20 Single Shot and re-built by myself, two small BSA Martinis, and a custom 1B 30 years ago. (The 1B was the least accurate of the bunch and didn't stick around long.) The lone bolt gun was an M2 Springfield which was also the only K-Hornet. My old man had a liking for his M340 Savage, but I could never warm up to it. My current Hornet pet is a pre-war German stalking rifle in 5.6x35R that is blissfully accurate with the 50 grain cast bullets I feed it.

There is a small Greener Martini next in line for a project makeover- might as well make another Hornet since I have around 1000 cases on hand now. ('Twas gonna be a .25-20 cast bullet shooter until I came up against the cold hard facts of life concerning .25-20 brass these days.) It's a takedown action so perhaps a second barrel chambered in .25 Hornet to give me my small .25 caliber fix.

To say I like small classic single shots in .22 Hornet is an understatement. And since I love experimenting with cast loads in them, I'm not too concerned about going the K-Hornet route as brass life is boringly long with the regular cases and low pressure loads. When I want to shoot 40-50 grain bullets at 3000 or so fps, I reach for the .22 Maximum Lovell Krag and be done with it.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty