Shootem,

Your experience mirrors mine exactly. Zeiss does not offer a locking turret for the 2-10. Kenton only offers exposed target turrets for that one. I talked with Zeiss about making that happen, and they said they would not retrofit, nor had any plans to add that functionality. This was in December.

I talked to Kenton, and they told me the same, but at that time were trying to decide whether to offer that service in the future (retrofit for locking turrets). But as of then, they only offered a change to exposed turrets for that scope.

I consider locking turrets (based on the advice I got) very important if they are to be exposed. So I ended up going with the 3-15 Zeiss. In that scope, they offer a plex, z600, z800, z1000 these all have screw on caps...and then 'lock plex', which is the pull up locking turrets you are wanting. So that would be the one you want...3-15 (or 5-25) with the 'lock plex'. With these scopes you get a plex reticle, but with pull up ASV style turrets that let you pull, adjust, push down to lock. Very fast.

On the weight, I had the same feeling. I liked the weight of the Swaro better. But I did not like the eye relief...for me, the Zeiss was noticeably better...and the lack of a lock on the turret was a no go. So I put up with the 18 oz weight of the HD5...I think the Swaro was 14 if I remember correctly. Frankly, for me, it was a good compromise, but if you are trying to have a really light rifle, maybe not so much for you.

You might look at the Leica ERi. It has locking turrets, great eye relief, great glass. It is heavier than the Swaro, but a couple ounces lighter than the Zeiss if I remember correctly. My problem with it was that the reticle was super fine...but the maybe illumination would fix that. The real problem for me was price...I just could not get there.

Hope that helps, feel free to PM me if you need more info!