Originally Posted by PJGunner
"I'm guessing a McMillan might help accuracy but hard to imagine that from a Ramline - either way those tang safety Rugers are very good dependable rifles."

You'd be surprised just how well a rifle in a Ramline will shoot. I had one on a tang safety rifle in 7x57 that did an easy .75", just dropped it in, sighted in and went shooting. I have another on a 1968 vintage M70 in .338 win. Mag. that's good for one inch. The stock that was on the 7x57 tanger is now on a .35 Whelen, the 7x57 having been sold off. Friend made me an offer I couldn't refuse. My lasgt rifle on a Ramline is a Ruger tang safety M77 chambered to the .375 Taylor, the .338 Win. Mag. necked up to take .375" bullets. Stock has held up just fine and the gun is very accurate usually at one inch or slighlty less when I flinch right. whistle At 7.5 pounds with scope, sling and a full magazine it does come back noticably but tolerable once you learn to ride with it. It's meant to be carried a lot and shot very little. laugh
The Ramline has held up very well considering the recoil factor. Granted they're cheap, not all that good looking but they've worked quite well for me.
Paul B.

Good post, you can get excellent accuracy out of the cheaper tupperwares, it just takes a little more work (glass bedding and maybe even pillars if you are so inclined).

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA