Looks like you have it covered pretty good, I know all to well about how you can drop money on rods reels fly Lines tippets and leaders, fly tying stuff. My go to rod is still a rod I bought some 32 years ago a Sage RP II 8'6" for a five weight, Hardy LRH reel, Still going strong after all these years, I have a bunch fly rods and reels, have not bought a new one in a good 20 years! Thou Switch and Spey rods have gotten me interested, and If I lived closer than I do to the steel head and salmon, I would have one! The one thing I have learned when it comes to fly fishing is that it can be as simple or as complicated as you wish to make it or as expensive or as cheap as you like also, good stuff you only have to buy once, and that dose not mean it has to be the highest dollar amount, my above set up set me back all of 450 dollars and two extra spools backing and lines, a lot of money, then and a good chunk now, its cost less than coffee to fish the 100 to 200 days I get to at times! That is how you should look at it over the long term, take reasonable care and you rods and reels will out live you! I know mine will out last me, and I have nobody to leave them to so it might end up on ebay to settle my estate such as it is!

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov