kawi you make me laugh.

As far as missed go, i've had lots but this one was the worst. My dad, best friend,and myself had drawn the late buck hunt in Idaho's Unit 40, Owyhee mountains. First day out dad shoots a real nice 4x4, 2 days later Nathan drops an even bigger buck. The next day out we are riding the 4-wheelers back from glassing all morning, we are on an old mine road. I look up the mountain and there are 3 bucks and probably 10 or so does. The big buck of the bunch is like nothing I've ever seen, being from the North part of the state and mostly hunting whitetails. He is a big 4x4 with a little trash on both sides and about 28" wide. He would have scored somewhere between 180-190. Real nice deer. I jump off the 4-wheeler and get my rifle loaded up, I was shooting a Mauser 98 in 264 win mag, I shot it so much it I could take grouse heads off with it. The deer is about 200 yards up hill. 1st shot miss. 2nd shot miss. The big boy mounts a doe and goes to town. 3rd shot miss. He was done at that point and left the country. Nathan says, "sure wish I had my camera, that was a damn nice buck."