In my early 20s, get invited to a buddies new land, 200 arces, deer sign all over the place he wants to build a tree stand, in the middle of the place, I fig that we are not going to hunt just build his stand and scout for the next weekend! its about noon we load my old bonneville up with tools lumber cold beer ect. drive to the spot. even turn on the radio hammer away, talking ect. build a nice ladder stand, so its about 4:00 he says we should get ready to hunt, he wants to hunt the new stand, and my spot is about a 100 yrds away,6" up in a old ceder tree, it was about 3 ft. around tho.I tell him its a wast of time! No showers just wipe the sweat off, no sent killer back then. about half drunk, thinking we were wasting our time I even took a 16oz. bud with me. we did walk back out to our NEW spots, buddie had never bow hunted before, had a recurve I have my bear Polar II coumpond bow, well an hour before dark I look to my left theres a Monster buck 12 pointer standing there, 16yrds, I I draw and release shoot right over him, he trots off to the edge of a swamp now hes at 25yrds broad side again I had got another arrow nocked but was shakeing bad, and dam if I didnt shoot right under him he walked away forever, the guy on the next place got him in rilfe season scored in the 160s biggest buck i have ever seen before of since while hunting! Oh and when i went to tell my buddie hes looking for his arrows shot eight of them at deer never hit one! I did take a big doe the next evening! my 1st bow kill!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!