The CZ 453 if the set trigger is something you want, have not heard anything bad about them. The CZ American 452 if you want a classic style walnut stock, The 452 Trainer (less money) has a Euro style hogback beech stock (but it has an excellent set of irons).

The CZ 452's need some trigger work, you can do it yourself and the yo-dave kit only runs around $18. There are other sears and replacement triggers avail. but I can not tell the diff. from a $65 repl. sear and a yo-dave kit.

Other CZ upgrades can wait till you can swing them and aren't necessary but add a bit of class to the gun; the triggerguard is stamped metal, DIP has a milled replacement. the magazine housing is plastic (you can not see it without taking the action out of the gun), again DIP has a metal replacement.

Their latest offering the CZ 455 I have no experience with... main advantage is you can switch barrels (22 LR, 22 Mag, 17 HMR & i the think the 17 mach 2).

Was looking at getting a Rem. 504 when they came out, but in a wise moment waited until others reviewed them... There were complaints regarding the accuracy and I skipped getting one.

Originally Posted by Bryant
The required high scope mounts on the cz does concern me. I like a nice cheek weld.

Me too... pic of my CZ Trainer in an American Stock with a Weaver 2-7 rimfire scope and low B-square sport utility rimfire rings. Works fine.

[Linked Image]

Jerry

p.s.

Take a look at the CZ 452 FS (full stock), my idea of a classic rifle, don't own one though. AND contrary to what others here have said; Stay away from the rimfirecentral.com CZ subforum... Those folks are the biggest enablers on the internet.

Last edited by jerrywoodswalker; 07/30/14.

Si vis pacem, para bellum