About ten years after Father-in-Law passed away, so did wife's brother. While cleaning out the store room, I found a Remington 510 Targetmaster, a single shot. Finish is pretty much gone, but the mechanics and bore are fine. It is boringly accurate.

A couple of years ago, I picked up a really nice repeater Remington 511 in a pawn shop for $40. It is essentially identical to the 521 Junior Target, except for the target stock and the receiver sight. It is also a tack driver.

Don't overlook the older Marlin 39 (without the rebounding hammer). Most of them just flat out shoot. Problem is, nice examples are expensive.

My older Remingtons and Marlins are not far behind the 54 spotters that I have had in the accuracy department. I bailed on the 54s because of the ,rollover stocks before the American style came about. Because of what I have, there is no need to return.

Good luck,

Jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero