So i purchased a Nosler m48 Outfitter rifle in 9.3x62....unseen.

Kevlar stock, Pachmayr pad, trued Nosler custom (supposedly) action, stainless Pac-Nor barrel, iron sights (fiber optic front), cerakoted barrel, 3 lb trigger.

Here's the breakdown of it so far...

First thing i noticed was that the stock was weird. I have large hands and if i grab the stock grip tightly in my natural way, then my trigger finger is way too far past the trigger...like i'd have to pull the trigger with the second finger joint- the MIDDLE of the finger.
It's pretty annoying to say the least. You can compensate by either contorting your finger by pulling it out some so it contacts the trigger correctly, but it feels so unnatural that way, or by holding your palm proud off the grip some (which isn't so nice on a harder kicking rifle), so basically for me the ergonomic fit of the stock sucks...bad.

Second off, the forward sling stud is on the forearm- like most light kicking rifles. I would think a heavier kicking rifle would have a barrel band swivel, or atleast one that's on the forward edge of the forearm. If it ends up jamming into my support hand i'll move it to the end of the forearm...so whatever.

Now let's get down to how it shoots...oh wait, i can't, because when i loaded some PPU RN ammo into it and worked the bolt to see how it cycled, every third or so round would fail to feed into the chamber thus jamming the rifle.

The larger surface area of the RN bullets would catch the leading edge of the chamber and fail to feed and to extract....so i never even fired the dang thing. It appears that spire points would feed fine, but c'mon...a 9.3 needs to feed RN ammo.

I called Nosler and they had me send it back to them. They had to modify the feed ramp and rails so that the RN ammo feeds more directly to the center rather than angled into the chamber.

Nosler has been really cool thus far about the rifle though. Seem to have some really good customer service.

I'll get back to this thread after i actually shoot it.

Adios.

Last edited by Draeb; 07/30/14.

"The very idea of freedom presupposes some objective moral law that over-arches rulers and ruled alike"- C.S. Lewis