Originally Posted by Capt_Craig
Draeb, what you're experiencing with the stock is called a "closed grip." I have a TGR and from what I understand the stocks on the two rifles are very similar. Mine has both a closed grip and a pronounced palm swell, combined with the normal B & C stock dimensions it took some getting used to. From speaking with a few people, the closed grip is similar to what you might find on a ULA/NULA/Forbes stock (though the stock is reportedly much slimmer/trimmer on the ULA/NULA/Forbes), though I have not held or shouldered one of those in person to confirm. My rifle is in 7-08 and it is super accurate with pretty much every handload bullet/powder combo I've tried. Shawn at Nosler answered a lot of my questions before I bought the rifle and their customer service was excellent, so I have no doubt they will make it right. Just watch your middle finger when shooting a kicker with a closed grip as some people have a tendency to get rapped on the knuckle by the trigger guard if they are not expecting it. Good luck with it and let us know how it goes.

Craig

Thanks for the feedback Craig. Yeah, i've been thinking about how the trigger guard could possibly do that, especially since on the outfitter model it's an oversized trigger guard.

What sucks is with mine being in a relatively hard kicking caliber, if i hold the pistol grip tight (which one should obviously do with a heavier kicker- especially in light of the above trigger guard problem), it means that like i said in my above posts, my trigger finger is way past the trigger and i'll be pulling it with the middle knuckle joint...which is weird as hell and retarded.

The rifle is en route from Nosler as i type, and i should have it by this weekend, so i'll finally get to shoot it and see how it is.

"The very idea of freedom presupposes some objective moral law that over-arches rulers and ruled alike"- C.S. Lewis