bwinters;
Good morning to you sir, hopefully this finds you well and congratulations on your Security Six purchase.

I bought mine so long ago that I was legally able to buy it in a Washington State gun shop - with the proper Canadian paperwork which they considered the same as an FFL back when - and bring it across the medicine line in a paper bag.

Anyway, so in the intervening 3 decades I'd say that I must have put somewhere close to 5000 rounds through it give or take. I'd say half of them would have been "full house" reloads using 231 and 2400 - usually with a 158SWC from a LEE mold.

I did get my hands on a whole bunch of Speer 125gr FMJ one time and had piles of fun - albeit noisy fun - with max loads of 2400 pushing them. laugh

Here's the revolver by the way.
[Linked Image]

The only issue I had with it was the cylinder catch didn't always return downward after releasing the trigger. This of course would bind up the revolver and required it be stripped down to function again. I wrote Ruger - as that's what we did back then and they sent me another one - which didn't help actually.

The cure I came up with was a thin wash of industrial epoxy on the part of the frame where the flat bar part of the cylinder catch contacts it. It needed to be pushed down that small amount to function and it's done so without a hitch in the decades since.

Lastly, I've accidentally given it a couple loads where I needed to push the cases out with a dowel and as far as I can see or measure, it's unaffected. They are a stout piece of equipment for sure in my experience.

Hopefully that was some use to you sir. Good luck with your revolver whichever way you decide.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"