Originally Posted by Magnumdood

While that certainly is not cheap, both items together are less than either one of my Hensoldts plus less than the S&Bs, the Vortex Razor II, a bunch of the Nightforce scopes...etc, that a lot of guys are using.

I'm wondering when these landowners in Texas, who are charging hunters $500.00 and up to kill a feral hog that is destroying the landowner's property, will, in the long run, be forced to pay hunters to come on their land and shoot the hogs before all they have are yaupon stands and completely rutted up fields.

These "hog commandos" work for the rancher/farmer for free, selling hunts to tourists who like the excitement. I think they'll have customers for the foreseeable future.

And the chopper hunters seem to have a fan base, as well. I would think those hogs would get wise to that technique over time and the night hunters may have the ultimate edge.

Hogs are pretty smart and very adaptable.

No way to completely wipe them out without poison or other such techniques. And the collateral damage there wouldn't be acceptable, IMO.

DF