The rifle has plenty of throat. smile The 500gr Woodleigh shown is not close to the lands, and is only seated with about 3/8" of the bullet in the neck.

[Linked Image]

Recoil I would say is somewhat worse than a hot loaded .45-70 #1S. Maybe not as bad as a .470 Nitro double. The first surprise came in trying to get the rifle sighted in. With the bore lined up on the 100 yard bullseye, and the scope likewise matched, it shot about two feet low at 100 yards. I have sighted in numerous rifles by this manner, and seldom have trouble getting them on paper at 100 yards. Not this one! Were I doing this again, I'd start with a 25 yard target first.

I had loaded 9 of the 425gr CP bullet, over 68 gr of TAC, and used almost all of them getting the scope zero'd. I then switched to the 500 gr Woodleighs, which were loaded as shown over 61 gr of Varget. After fine tuning the zero again, I saw some good looking groups. The final three shots went into about 1�" at 100 yards, and the first of that group I called as a flyer. The last two shots were touching. The great beast easily out-shot a 1970's vintage .25-06 #1 smile

I am very pleased with the rifle. The Woodleighs are recommended for impact velocities between 1800 and 2200 fps. I need to add some more Varget to get up there, but I doubt that will be a problem.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."