I have had this rifle since the early 80's or late 70's . This is the Model 1894 44 magnum with 1/2 Magazine and was only made for one year in 1973. I haven't had it out in a few years and decided it was time to hunt with it this year. I took off the factory sights today and replaced with a Skinner Peep and Marlin .500 height Gold bead sight which comes on the 1895 Cowboy. Skinner calls for a .460 height replacement with this sight, but after fitting to the dovetail it will be close, plus i fitted the dovetail with a filler blank just for looks. I will use the Hornady 240 gr HP with H110 as my hunting load. I also replaced the factory plastic butt plate with a rubber one , mostly because my cousin borrowed the rifle and fell with it and busted the toe off the stock and didn't pick up the broken piece which i could have repaired if he had done so. This will be one of my tree stand rifles in the Pines on my VA Farm.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.