Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Originally Posted by TWR
For $139 this Geissele smokes the RR.
http://tradingplacepawn.com/geissele-2-stage.html
i would not say that. That trigger is still the same weight as the rra unit. The rra unit is a decent trigger just a little heavy though. You need the ssa-e to have a useful upgrade over rra

Have you shot them both?

no but I do have the RRA national match trigger and geissele's high speed match rifle trigger, which is the most expensive ar trigger they have and capable of the lowest pull weights. if I remember correctly. the SSA being mentioned is a non adjustable trigger with about a 4.5 pull. its being compared to the RRA trigger. YES I don't think there is enough of a difference to spend the extra money. The RRA is a great trigger its just a little too heavy thats all. keep in mind I am a trigger snob!!!! or else I would not have spent nearly $300 for that top of the line high speed match rifle trigger. The only way to adjust the pull on either of these triggers is by bending or replacing springs. I tried doing that with my RRA trigger and didn't have good luck doing it.

keep in mind me saying its too heavy, is just me. I run my triggers at 28 oz on bolt guns so I like light stuff!!! with an ar 15 you really want more pull weight and can shoot more pull weight just fine. I actually added more pull weight to my geissele trigger. I adjusted it to 2#'s on the first state and 1# more for the second. for field use I don't think you really want to go less than that.

next trigger I want to try is the SSA-E

Last edited by cumminscowboy; 08/07/14.