I'm taking a quick trip to RSA for my business. I checked in with my rifle as usual.

The lady at the counter asked for my RSA gun permit to allow me to enter the country with a firearm!

WOW..... I've done this a few times as you might know. How could I be caught this far off guard with some new requirement!

I politely informed her that was not the regulation, and that the permits could be issued upon arrival or if preferred ahead of time through a permit service.

She called and spoke to somebody that backed her up and she said I need to see your permit. ....... This is ridiculous .....

So I decided I would give her my stamped US customs 4457 form. ( it's not even an RSA document)

"I said here is my gun permit" stamped. She looked it over and said okay good. Now you can take it to TSA. They ( TSA)wiped the lock for explosives, never opened the case and sent it down the conveyor.

Just a suggestion, keep a copy of your SAP doc's with you. At the gate you may need to show that your permits are applied for or already complete.

Funny stuff eh!