Recently flew to Namibia and back through JFK with no problems.

Picked up our rifles after the flight from Austin and went to the motel. Next morning, arrived and had skycap take our bags/guns. Best move we made doing that, since the ticket counter wasn't open and the lines were 3-4 wide and a hundred yards long. Best $20 I've spent. Skycap guy went to the gate, chatted with the folks there, then to the front of the line and unloaded us and told us they would open soon.

Got our tickets and the TSA/NYPD had us open the cases there on the floor and checked the 4457's, then walked us to the baggage area to deposit guns.

On the way back going through customs was easier than I've ever had it traveling without guns. The customs guys were more interested in what type of rifles than anything else. We had to go into a room to check forms and such.

One customs guy was very deliberate and wanting to make a point about making sure the guns were unloaded. Opened the case and he saw the Merkel double and says, "Oh, one of those", then picks it up and asks how to open it. He has his finger on the rear trigger, and not thinking, I barked at him to get his finger off the trigger while opening. He took it well and didn't say anything else.

Then he opened the other case and saw the Winchester 1985 in .405 Win., and says again, "OH, one of those. I've seen one of those before." But still has to have a wee bit of help to open it up. The rest went as well, especially since my buddy had a bolt gun with the bolt out, which made things easier, and his double was now familiar.

Never had it so easy Traveling With Guns, which, by the way, is who we used for our travel arrangements. Steve and company were great.

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~