Thoughts about Berger bullets.
I shoot pant loads of Bergers.
The Hybrid bullet to me, seems, "fussy". Like a VLD bullet it needs its seating depth to be just, "so", even though they say the Hybrid was developed so that wasnt an issue...
This "fussy" seating depth stuff isnt much of a issue provided you dont shoot it much.But if your pullen the loud lever alot.As I know your prone to do.You end up chasing your seating depth as you wear it out.To keep it in its top accuracy zone.Kinda a pain in the azz depending on usage.
Enter the Berger Long Range Boat Tail.
The LRBT profile is a few points below the Hybrid in BC.And as a class of bullet if you keep it off the lands it just works.Doesnt matter in general where its at, as long as its "off".Start with it "off", and find something it likes and you will pretty much wear it out, with out messing with it.
Actually kinda nice.
Lot to lot Berger bullets can vary wildly.
If you take for granted there the same and you get into a different lot number.You will get burned.

If you do get a BR.And I could never understand why you of all people dont have more BR rounds....Your going to find that it will drill smaller groups at 500 yards than anything you currently have.

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.