Originally Posted by Mt_Shooter
I agree with 300STW about shooting does. I've watched non residents completely eliminate all the deer in several areas I used to hunt over the past 30 years. There should be no doe hunting on state or federal ground since they are the future of the herds. What I've seen happen is an area carries maybe 20 deer in 5 sections but after seventeen hunting parties flashing cash to the landowner are done there is absolutely nothing left. I have BMA areas close that are totally pounded to the point where there's not enough cover for a pheasant to hide in let alone a deer or elk. A group of friends apply annually for the 700 antelope tags and never intend to use them since there's hardly any thing left to shoot. I wouoldn't care if FW&P raised the local tags 10 fold if it would help and cut the number of nooresidents they think we need to cater to. As stated elswhere there are so few deer in some areas buying a tags is only donating to the state.

I am not from Montana but it seems to me the problem in this statement isn't the out of towner willing to pay the land owner for the opportunity.