I put this up in classifieds, as well, but thought with all of the Military history buffs and veterans here, I might find a new home for this rifle here more readily or at least get a better idea as to real world value.

I was offered in trade a very interesting firearm today. Manufacture date on the barrel is 1933, serial number 3,000,000+ a little, Springfield 1903 with lots of cosmolene still on and in it. No indications that it has ever been issued or fired. Now, it could be a really good arsenal re finish, but it is a completely original, unmodified and clean as a whistle rifle. In asddition, all the serial numbers match and no signs of wear to the finish anywhere including the bolt face.

Before I pull the trigger on this deal, about what are these all original 03'S WORTH these days? (assuming this rifle is what it seems to be.)

Does anyone here in particular want one of these? I do not, my end game is cash. It is being offered me as a straight trade for my in the original box with all papers 2 inch Nickel finish Combat Masterpiece in nearly new condition.

I can get and send detailed pictures if someone here is interested in owning it. I likely wont do the trade unless I am pretty sure I am going to come out OK and have a buyer for the 03 ready on standby. I know the market on nice S&W revolvers sorta OK, I know less than zero about a rifle of this type and its marketability, quick sale value etc.

THANKS for the help!

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500