Ok, I'll bite and keep this thread alive. .

You have to find the best bullet for your tasks. I am no muzzle loader expert - I have ONE and have used it to take a big bull elk. I was in Utah, where we were limited to 1X scopes. I put in for a bull tag in a unit where I figured that I would hunt at least 5 yrs sooner if I used a muzzleloader. After 14 yrs I got the tag! I had to buy a muzzleloader - found someone selling Remington ML (not the 700) for $225. Figured I couldn't go wrong - if it didn't shoot I could move it. But, since I had to have bases and rings, I slapped a 3-9 on the rifle. Then I tried different bullets and charges, using pyrodex pellets. (keep it simple for me!) I found that the Barnes bullets shot into 1.5 inches at 100 yds with 2 pellets. With 3 lumps, the groups expanded to just under 2", but I got 3-400 more fps, which makes ranging less important. I tried Hornadays 2.25" and powerbelts >2.5" and some others I can't remember. Now, when I put the 1" scope on the crosshairs subtended 3" at 100 yds, and groups opened up to 3". I couldn't tell the difference between barnes and Hornadays. . Hmm. I practiced with the Hornadays - as they were half the price of the Barnes. I shot from prone, over a pack, sitting, off sticks, and even a few off hand rounds. I shot > 250 rounds in practice. I could keep all my bullets in a paper plate at 300 yds, with a wee bit of holdover ( well maybe not so wee!) When I went to hunt, I zeroed the ml with the Barnes bullet. In the system - I did not want to be the weakest link, nor did I want the bullet to be the weak link. I think the scope and the range are the most important variables in the system.

On the hunt, I finally saw a big bull, about to crest a ridge and move out of sight. When my guide called him a big bull, I shot sitting from the sticks. As I reloaded, he asked how I felt the shot was. I said it was good. He said that as I broke the trigger, the bull took a step. I asked him the range, and he pulled out the range finder and came up with 110 yds. I said that I was 3" high at 100, so if the animal moved he was probably hit in the liver. We waited half an hour, and then found that he had only gone 40 yds. He was still breathing, so I emptied the rifle into him to finish him. Recoverd both 250 gr Barnes bullets on the off side just under the hide. Both had mushroomed perfectly and had retained essentially 100% weight. What more can you ask for?

Result: https://flic.kr/p/oBfay3

Evaluate your rifle with the constraints applied in where you will hunt. Try different bullets in your conditions. Remember, the price of practice is much cheaper than the price of success (= taxidermy! ;-) )