Here's the story,
I've ran Fed primers in my hunting rifles almost exclusively the past 20 odd years. Probably 7-8 years ago I picked up a brick of WLR's, and they've been sitting in my loading cabinet ever since.

Last fall I snatched a 1983 vintage M700 in 243 that is almost pristine. The rifle was clean, but the first thing I always do is disassemble a new to me rifle, including pulling the firing pin assembly out of the bolt and cleaning everything. I learned the hard way a LOOOONG time ago that an accumulation of gunk in the bolt body can slow down a firing pin sufficiently to prevent ignition. This rifle has been in the safe since other than the two trips to the range. In other words, the bolt ain't dirty.

I decided to dedicate that brick of WLR's primers to this rifle.

This spring I had one fail-to fire with new, unfired Noz brass. Today, my first time out with this rifle since, I had about 5 failures out of 25 rounds with unfired Noz brass. I'm igniting H4831.

The indentations on the primers of the failed rounds appear normal--no light strikes I can see anyway.

I'm trying to remember if Win rifle primers have a bit thicker walls than other primers? Obviously there is some other issue, but.......?

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.