Originally Posted by Seafire
I put one on a Ruger Short Action, by taking the 243 barrel off of it..pulled a 223 Pac Nor Barrel with a one in 7 twist off another Ruger I was selling since some one wanted the action real bad...had it rechambered to the 22.250...

Barrel contour was "heavy magnum" so it is the diameter of what usually is a 458 Mag...

playing with a bunch of powders for testing, I found the fastest velocity with the best accuracy for 80 grain A Maxes, and Sierra Match bullets turned out to be IMR 4064 and IMR 4895... RL 15 and AR Comp both get real honorable mentions...

They run 80 grainers at 3350 fps with a 24 inch barrel... and the 75 grainers get boosted to 3400 fps...

bullets are seated to magazine length, which it being originally a 243 is longer than the Ruger 22.250 magazine....

quite a capable little toy, that's for sure..

I am wondering... if I build from scratch if a 308 mag might be the way to go????

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.