Checked on brass availability and price for 22-250. Can only find Laupa on the shelf at $1 per pop. Not a no go but...

Might have to drop back and punt in my head:

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1421750

Steve Timm post, 10/29/09 Predator-Masters:

"I've been shooting the .223 Ackley for about fifteen years and totally love the round.

It's possible I might have written the first ever article about the round (Varmint Hunter Issue #15, July 1996; VHA Custom Gun Number Eight, Page 56-64).

Frankly, I was so impressed with the super-heavy Rifles Inc rifle that I have three field-weight rifles made and I've enjoyed them ever since. These later rifles were featured in later articles I wrote about the .223 Ackley.

Over the years, I've fired a couple hundred thousand rounds of .223 Ackley and have never seen any shortcomings from the cartridge. Afield or at the bench, the .223 Ackely is a total winner.

I cannot talk about it (sworn to secrecy), but the .223 Ackley came within a hair of becoming a commercial cartridge a few years ago. I've always thought that the company (that will remain nameless) totally screwed up a fabulous commercial opportunity and that a huge number of American shooters would have been enjoying the .223 Ackley today, but for the faint-heartedness of a bean-counting executive.

Anyway, the .223 Ackley is a fabulous cartridge that is capable of greatly-enhanced ballistics over the parent round. The accuracy is uniformly superb and case-trimming is just about eliminated.

One thing I've also noticed about the .223 Ackley Improved is that it seems to be a "better balanced" cartridge than the regular .223 Rem because the extreme spreads (in muzzle velocity) are always much tighter than the regular .223. It's quite common for me to fire twenty rounds of .223 Ackley over my Oelher 35P and have an ES of 15 fps ... that is almost impossible with the .223 Normal.

The .223 Ackley is one of the few cartridges that I will own and shoot until I die.

Steve Timm

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.