Originally Posted by gmsemel
It sounds like a Reddington Butter Stick might fill the bill with what you are looking for. I have an 8 footer for a 5 wt that they make and I been fishing it a lot since I got it. I have a vintage pair of fenwicks on 6' and the other 8's Fiber glass, I also have very nice 7'6" Powell rod for a 4 wt and a 7'9" Orvis 2 wt., there is a 20 dollar 4 wt rod that Wally World sells that gotten good reviews, the reel seat is the only complaint. but for less that 20 dollars the fellow doing the review , a PA fly tier and fishing guide liked it a lot.

I have that 20 dollar wally world 4wt. I love it for blue gills and I put a spincast reel on it for fishing tiny hand tied jigs under a small float. Best 20 bucks I ever spent. I took the handle off and epoxied it back on the right way. It was a down locking reel seat and the rod was to short for that, it didn't ballance as good as it could have with the reel I had on it. At 7' its very handy.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner