Originally Posted by dennisinaz
Originally Posted by las
KISS.

Paul Mauser really got it right the second time around ('98). The 95 is a POS IMO.

Everything since has been arguable "improvement", with the Win 70 pre 64 (I gotta get me one of those sometime...) and the Springfield '03-A3 (had two) being the best of the lot, the Ruger77 being PDG, the Sako being way down the list (wouldn't own one, having gunsmithed a number of them - I'd even rather have a Savage- or a Weatherby!). I also own Rem 700 and 725 (non-Mauser actions), as well. None of them ( '98's or take-offs or Rems), properly maintained, have failed me in the 30-40 years I've owned them.

I really should buy a new rifle.... smile

I have had a Sako Finnbear L61 (I think) action for 30 years and have carried it hundred of days both in a scabbard and in my hand, killed dozens of head of game and it is on the third barrel. I have never had a single complaint about it. It sports a good trigger, great accuracy, good looks, it's long enough to shoot full length magnums seated out pretty far and extracts pretty efficiently. I don't have an FN mauser action but would love to. I can't find any problems with the Sako though.

You just haven't spent enough time on the floor looking for those itty-bitty bolt parts that are supposed to (and do) make the bolt action "smoother"... smile

The M98 is to the bolt world what the Kalishnikov is to the auto-world.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.