All terrain tires are a compromise if you also do a lot of driving on pavement.( hence all terrain)

If you are looking for more mud/snow driving, consider a M&S tire. If a lot of ice, get them studded. For all my trucks, I get a second set of wheels. I think I paid $50/wheel at the junk yard for my wife's 2004 Tacoma. I run All Terrain in the summer and switch to M&S in the fall and run them until mid April or so. Then I can run the M&S a little longer when they worn for the summer months ,but are too worn for good winter traction.

I put Goodyear Duratracks on my Dodge Cummins and will put Coopers on my wife's Tacoma this fall.

Your M&S will be a softer tire so it might feel squishy, but M&S tires need to be softer to get better traction. A fact over looked by those who complain about the Duratracks being squishy on bends, etc.
So you initial invest may be $220 more,but you will get more use of the M&S when needed.

Last edited by saddlesore; 08/26/14.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles