Originally Posted by Ackman
My friend and I are both diesel enthusiasts. He knows diesels, works for a large utility company with a fleet of 30 Ford 6.7's...... F 350's with utility body. He says they're terrible, just complete sh#t, his words. These are new trucks. At any one time at least 5 or 6 are out of commission for repairs. One has gone through 4 or 5 engines on warranty, I don't remember what kept breaking. They all get terrible mileage, like 8-9mpg. I'd thought they were supposed to be pretty good and it surprised me to hear that.

thats BS I am going to just call it out. I have been on various diesel forums since this engine came out as well as spent my fair share of driving one. The chassis cab engines are a different animal and have had issues. They are a slighly different engine that is NOT rated 400hp 800tq. if its 400/800 you have the standard engine that is by and large a great engine. I hope you are not confusing the 6.7 with the 6.4 or even the 6.0. Every engine has failures but to say they are wide spread is false. The 6.7 aside from some minor glitches has been a great engine for ford and one that competes well with any of the other 2. I drove dodges for years, they had long been the standard for diesel fuel mileage. my 6.7 got better mileage than my '02 dads '04 my '06 but not quite as good as my single cab 2wd '93 but that truck was less than 6000#'s. that is empty, towing my 6.7 matched or exceeded all those different trucks in fuel mpg. I don't know what your buddy is talking about. I am not brand loyal. if you have to have a diesel truck for weight compacity, buy a 6.7 and sell it at around 100k. I would say the same for the other 2 makes as well.