Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Again...why is this the only site in the world that has these problems?

It isnt, which is why, in part, these other programs were created in the first place.

Originally Posted by nighthawk
If you run Firefox you will want to look at NoScript

About all the problems with this site are caused by scripts which amount to little programs that are run by your browser. Adblock Plus catches most of it but since it's targeting ads it doesn't get everything.

NoScript does not let any script, Java, Javascript or otherwise run without your permission. Including Flash.

It can be a bit annoying at first with everything including videos blocked but once you grant permanent permission for known safe sites you frequent it's well worth an occasional extra click to see something.

I have both Adblock Plus and NoScript running so I can't tell you specifically which is doing what, don't care. I have no script problems here or anywhere else.

You could do that(and still be vulnerable through firefox itself) and be left scratching your head on other sites why you have to "unblock" noscript to let certain vital information through. Same happens with Ghostery with Chrome, hiding certain features that are hidden because the addon goes too far, for normal browsing.

People are making this way harder than it needs to be to circumvent poorly coded ads, an owner who chooses to constantly fiddle for ad revenue, by using an inferior browser.