Originally Posted by MissouriEd
If you have a bone to pick with Craig you should go to DSC Convention and tell him yourself. I'm sure he'll give you a smile and mabe give you an autographed book.

That's actually a pretty good idea. Or better yet, just invite him to our lease and let him kill a few pigs with a .223.

My OP was just in fun. I enjoy CB's writing and watch some of his videos. And I'm sure he's a great guy. He seems like it anyway. My only beef with most writers is that they make blanket statements about firearm requirements for game without ever mentioning that environment plays a big part in each hunt. What might be the recommended round for one area may be too much or too little in another - but a blanket recommendation is generally made. A case in point is a fellow writing in American Hunter a while back, who was hunting pigs in Florida, and recommended that the .300 Win Mag is the minimum rifle someone should use. Really? I've lived in Florida all my life and if someone wants to use a .300 Win Mag, great. But it certainly isn't the minimum required to drop a pig in our Florida environment. I just wish the writers would end their stories with "In your neck of the woods, YMMV." That sure would have been beneficial to me when I was a kid back in the 60s and 70s.

By the way, one great tid-bit of info that CB mentions in the G&A article is that Bell did just about all of his major hunting before he was 35 years old. I can barely remember the shape I was in when I was 35.

Mike

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown