Originally Posted by cra1948
Originally Posted by mart
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Originally Posted by add
Oklahoma has lakes...?

Many are surprised to learn that Oklahoma has more freshwater shoreline than any other state (except Minnesota.)

I really doubt Oklahoma has more fresh water shoreline than Alaska.

Maybe they're counting cattle tanks.

The whole norther border of New York is freshwater shoreline, lakes Erie and Ontario and the St. Lawrence river, then you've got Lake Champlain along the eastern border with Vermont, the Hudson river running most of the rest of the way from there to N(f'in)YC. The rest of the state is full of lakes and rivers.

I lived with my 2nd ex-wife for 25 years on the shore of the St. Lawrence and there's a lot to be said about just walking down to the boat house, dropping the boat in, and going duck hunting or fishing.

Current wife and I bought a place on the river before we got married, fixed it up into our dream home, then this summer moved down here, a couple miles from Lake Ontario (great job for her.) We are still keeping the river home unless the financial strain gets to be too much. I have been promised that if we do sell the river home we're getting a 26' Grady White all outfitted for trout and salmon down here.

I grew up in the North Country of New York, St. Lawrence County to be exact. Lot's of lakes and rivers. Hunted and fished a fair bit on the St. Lawrence River. My dad is still back there.

I know a few guys keep catfish in their cattle tanks so I guess they would qualify as freshwater lakes. grin

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.