Originally Posted by JGRaider
Thanks for the vote of confidence powdr. I've been using the 2-12 version for a couple of years almost, and I think it's very, very forgiving and easy to use, even at higher magnifications. This is what sets it apart from other variables I've used. Also, the duplex reticle is the perfect thickness for me, it's black, and it stays black no matter what. I've only got about 300 rounds through it, but the CDS dials have been dead on accurate and repeatable so far. I took it to Namibia this past May and it performed great. Glass is excellent to boot.

I, like Bill Davis, recently got a 3-18x44 firedot duplex to play around with on a 7mag. So far I really like it too. I like the auto on/off illumination and the variable brightness settings. It too is easy to get behind. Lots to like IMO about the VX6's I've used.

I'm not sure about the comments on the lack of zero stop. When you order the CDS dials, they are zero stop equipped. If you don't want a custom load/yardage dial just have them make up the CDS Dial in MOA with zero stop. One dial for every load possible. The 20 MOA per turn is nice too.

The VX-6 2-12 is about my favorite scope. Mine is non-illuminated duplex. I wouldn't put it on a compact rifle.

For a big, 30mm scope it's fairly sleek and streamlined.

DF

[Linked Image]