I've had really good results on paper and plinking targets with the Lee 30 cal 170 fp in various alloys and both plain-based and gas checked. In my 30-06, quenched ww w/gc shoots MOA with a couple powders and speeds 2k to 2200. Never would have expected that.

Just started a few months ago loading for a couple 30-30's. Still trying to nail down what is going to work out best in one, have yet to do much shooting with the other, and another is coming my way too. The 'serious' hunting I do isn't the kind of thing where I can handicap myself to shorter ranges, but for a meat deer, I'm excited to give the 30 cal casts a try.

I also load the Lee 310 in a 44 Marlin, seated way out and behind a bunch of H110. I'm sure I could push em harder, but accuracy is incredible, and velocity is right at 1600. That's all kinds of hammer if I can get into the timber after elk. I shot that same bullet in a Contender sans gc last weekend at about 950fps and put over 40 shots into 14" at 200yds with open sights.

My hunting partner brother is planning to use his scoped 38/357 Marlin for a meat deer this year. During last weekend's shoot, he was sniping half-liter water bottles at the same 200yds with 158 Lees in 38 cases and 18in holdover. Unbelievable! Took him about 10 shots to get the holdover right, and then he just picked them off from a seated shooting position.

It amazes me how easy it is to cast bullets, and make them shoot well! Much of my hunting for some years has been open country and long shots, but since I got serious about casting, I've been trying to scout out more timber pockets that I could carry a less-than-200yd gun into this year. Thanks for sharing your experiences, and please keep them coming!

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.