Originally Posted by viking
That 310 grain lee, does it need a special lube or would their tumble lube work? Also do you have to gas check them for slower 44 magnum velocities?

I don't tumble lube but I'd say most likely no as it has only one deep grease groove and the profile doesn't fit most tumble lube bullets.Special lube?.. Not really as I've tried many but I'm strictly using TAC 1 lube for rifle and pistol presently for many reasons listed below... eliminating the gas check would strictly be trial an error but these Lee 310's drop a consistent .430 which may be OK for reduced loads but you could always pan lube to find out.

TAC 1 lube
No heater needed for your lube sizer
_ Lube sticks are trimmed on both ends to prevent air bubbles in your lube sizer
_ Sticks to your lead bullets.
_ Very Low smoke formula, less to breath in, made for indoor/outdoor ranges,quicker follow up shots, won't smoke your shooting buddy out.
_ Tolerable smell, actually has a pleasant odor
_ High performance, Can be used in extreme cold weather for reduced first shot fliers and top accuracy.
_ Tested and proven in high demand cast bullet loads 44 magnum , 40 cal, 9mm, 223/5.56, 30-30, 30-06, 308 and 416 Rigby loads, yet still works in low demand loads like 38s and 45 acp.
_ Enhanced with Carnauba wax to leave your bore nice and shiny.
_ Melt temperature is about 140 Degrees F.
_ No Paraffin added

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody