I should have said it depends on the cartridge. if your shooting a 223, 10 rounds is nothing. same with 308. however with an overbore round like the 243 imo its not a good thing. Now if you don't care much for the barrel then by all means its your barrel, cook it. I have a 243 ai with a 5r krieger barrel. I would never put 10 rounds down it all at once. why??? because I like the barrel too much!!! its the best barrel I have ever owned.

I said there is no place for a 10 shot group, I do fire groups like that but ONLY during ladder testing to find a load. I generally only load 8 of a given powder with different charges. I also try to break it up with 4 shots quickly then I let the barrel cool a bit and fire the last 4.

someone said 3 shot groups don't show you anything, bull crap. once you have a load its a great way to check your loads and your zero. 10 shots introduces too much variables if ultimate accuracy is your goal. you get an insane amount of barrel heat. go ahead grab your 243 barrel after 10 rounds and tell me whats up. put another way there is simply no reason to fire a 10 shot group all of the same bullet and powder charge. I have never shot at an animal more than about 3 times. after I have also hit something 3 times I am looking for a new challenge.

its your barrel do what you want. I am not doing it with mine, at least one I care about.