Originally Posted by BKinSD
Originally Posted by BKinSD

So with the help of the Campfire search tool, I started using some 7828SSC. I found that 55gr of it behind a 150 would give me groups in the 1" range. I bumped it up to 57 and am seeing larger groups, more in the 1.5 to 1.75" range. (I am no gee whiz with a rifle. I think all of my rifles are better shooters than I am.) But I have no pressure signs and my Pro Chrono tells me that they're leaving the barrel at about 2975, give or take.

The plot thickens. When I was getting velocities like these, it was in the high 80's at the range. Almost 90.

I went on Saturday. 60 degrees. First shot was 2898. Second was 2912. Third was 2925. Hmmm. While these velocities are fine, I have to admit I wasn't so hung up on velocity loss from temperature change, until then. I bought a pound of H4831, and going to try an extreme powder just to see what happens.

I am loving this chronograph. Real data, no guesstimating. Love it.

You will like the extreme powders, especially H4831. A chronograph is also very handy, as you are finding out..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA