There is a huge difference between the MR branded Helinox and the REI one. The MR does weigh 14% more (4 oz) but can handle 40% more weight for the extra ounces. The colors are also more subdued. I've got two and don't worry when my larger friends borrow it. I've heard of the REI branded ones with legs bent.

The thing that kills little chairs in the outdoors for me though is how much the legs sink into the ground. Usually, at least one leg finds soft ground and the thing is then not level. PITA. Snow? Fuhgedaboudit. The Monarch Alite w/ only 2 legs would suck proportionately.

The Alite Mayfly and Bison, on tge other hqnd,look really interesting to me because there are extra bars across the legs that go sideways (one across the the two front legs and the other across the two rear legs). This changes the pressure into the ground from points to lines and should be great in preventing sinking. You won't be able to tell the difference in the store but will otice it right aways when in the field...

Last edited by alukban; 09/06/14.