While getting ready for the Fest I finally had a good opportunity to assemble a grouping of guns all sharing a certain feature, one that in some of these models might really surprise most people which made think of making it a puzzler. I then added some more required features to reduce the list.

The guns pictured below are all -

1) ???????? (this is a feature that in some models pictured here is standard without any options, in some it's the most common, in some it's the least common and in some it's down right rare. In some this feature reduces the value and in some it increases the value, sometimes by a large amount.)

2) ???????? (this is a feature of a model - all examples of a model either are, or are not this, independent of feature #1)

3) All are long guns (pistols can also fit in the first two groups)

4) All are of USA manufacture (with the emphasis here on the ones by Savage & Steven's, of course)

Savage-
[Linked Image]

Baker Gun & Forge-
[Linked Image]

Steven's (one from after the acquisition by Savage)-
[Linked Image]

Remington-
[Linked Image]

Marlin-
[Linked Image]

Hamilton-
[Linked Image]

Winchester-
[img]http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/...eaturepuzzler6Winchester_zps1570e7ce.jpg[/img]

There are other Savage 22's that will have feature 1, or 2, but the ones pictured might be the only Savage Model's that can be found with both, there are a couple there that really surprised me when I found them, especially my most recent find.

Gene